Help for PDF File Size Problem

Subject: Help for PDF File Size Problem
From: "Sunder, Vidya (CCA)" <V -dot- Sunder -at- compaq -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 17:21:56 -0500

Hi,

I have 4 Word files (chapters of a Reference Guide) that I need to convert
to a single PDF.

I created a single PDF using the Runfilex.ps file that comes with Acrobat.
The problem is that the PDF file is very large (> 7 MB). Anything more than
2 MB is not acceptable because users will be downloading the PDF file from
the Web.

To check whether there was some problem with my source files, I created a
PDF from each of the 4 files. The resulting PDFs were quite small (from 28KB
to 170 KB).

I tried changing some Distiller options (optimizing, compression). This also
did not make any difference.

I cannot combine the Word files because a different template is attached to
each file.

Please help!

I need to make a release today!

TIA.