RE: HTML editor; NoteTab Pro

Subject: RE: HTML editor; NoteTab Pro
From: "RUBOTTOM, AL" <ARUBOTTOM -at- SENSORMATIC-VPD -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 14:10:59 -0800

For those who like a text editor with pizzazz to write their HTML, check out
NoteTab Pro :
http://www.notetab.com/

here's the basic rundown in Q&A form from Joe barta's site [a source of many
helpful 'clips']
http://junior.apk.net/~jbarta/notetab/
Q. What is NoteTab?
A. An outstanding programmable text editor for Windows95/98/NT4+.
Q. What is a "clip"?
A. A clip is basically a macro. It is a set of instructions used to make
NoteTab DO something. They can be simple or very complex.
Q. Is it easy to learn?
A. The clip language is just a little more complicated than ordinary HTML,
yet much simpler than a standard programming language.
Q. What all can it do?
A. The clip language is very powerful, and getting MORE powerful with every
release. If it's something that you want to do to text documents, NoteTab
can probably do it.
Q. What does it cost?
A. There is a Lite (FREE) version that is nearly as powerful as the Standard
($10) version. And there's a Pro version ($20) where the main advantage is
it screams through large documents. It's very fast.

It's cheap [$20], flexible [has more features & capabilities than any other
bare-bones
editor like Notepad or Wordpad], AND -- best of all -- its Clipbook
functionality allows you
to use the nifty add-in clips -- many have been written by NoteTab fans --
that perform
all the editing tasks that fancier editors offer at higher prices but do not
necessarily do any better.
Here's a list of Clipbook types -- there are multiple libraries in each
category.
Take a look at the listing at http://www.notetab.com/libraries.htm :
HTML, DHTML, CSS, XML, etc.
Java and Javascript
Virtual Reality Modeling Language (VRML)
TeX / LaTeX
Programming and Scripting
Utility-related Libraries
AutoComplete Libraries

There are many other Clipbooks -- like conversion for the
measures/weights/currencies
beween USA & EU et al., and dictionaries for most major languages, and on &
on.
It's quite a powerful little tool -- lotsa programmers swear by it -- it's
worth a look.

Al