Re: Explain HyperText Studio?

Subject: Re: Explain HyperText Studio?
From: "David M. Brown" <dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com>
To: Techwr-L post <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 14:35:06 -0800

"Heit, Debra" wrote:

> ... I need to start looking at authoring tools which are turnkey
> solutions and easier to use. Need WYSIWIG. Need ease of use.
> Need stability. Need speed. Need control. Need flexibility.

I've never used HyperText Studio (http://www.olsonsoft.com), but it has a good reputation, and its producer (Stefan Olson) is very responsive.

I'd also suggest you look at ForeHelp (http://www.ff.com). Your list of needs is a subset of its list of features.

I can't see how you could go wrong with either of these tools, as long as you're not tied to Word as an authoring environment.

I've used Word for so long that I'd have trouble switching to anything that I've seen yet; but I wish someone would come up with a better help authoring experience.

--David

David M. Brown - Brown Inc.
dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com

A V A I L A B L E N O W ! http://www.html-indexer.com/

HTML Indexer 3, still the easiest way to create and maintain real
back-of-the-book indexes for web sites and other HTML documents.

Now including options for HTML Help and JavaHelp indexes, too!

-