Explain HyperText Studio?

Subject: Explain HyperText Studio?
From: "Heit, Debra" <DHeit -at- elliptus -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 16:02:14 -0500

Can anyone share their experience with HyperText Studio? What does it offer
for HTML Help development that HTML Help Workshop and an HTML editor
doesn't?

We currently use HTML Help Workshop to compile our projects, but do all of
our authoring in FrontPage. A year ago I tried RoboHelp and practically
went mad through the process. I lost over four weeks of production because
of the bugginess of this product which the support representatives kept
telling me was because of Windows NT. I finally tossed it in favor of
having full control of what was going on by using HTML Help Workshop. This
solution worked fine while my department consisted of myself and two other
writers who were very technically savvy. Now that my department has grown,
and finding writers who are equally skilled with technical issues as they
are with writing skills has become an insurmountable challenge, I need to
start looking at authoring tools which are turnkey solutions and easier to
use. Need WYSIWIG. Need ease of use. Need stability. Need speed. Need
control. Need flexibility. Is that too hefty of a wish list?

Thanks in advance for any input in this regard. Since I don't get much
time to visit this list, I appreciate any replies be sent back to me
personally along with the list.

Debbie Heit
Documentation & CBT Manager
Elliptus Technologies