RE: Motivation for Overtime?

Subject: RE: Motivation for Overtime?
From: "Heit, Debra" <DHeit -at- elliptus -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 15:49:28 -0500

> > ... there are but two things that motivate
> > individuals
> > [to] work a lot of (free) overtime:
> >
> > 1.) Love of God, country, and company.
> > 2.) Fear.
> > 3.) Stock options.
> 4.) Bonus $$

5. Refusing to lower your standards and produce less
than the best possible even if the company doesn't
recognize the difference (there's a difference between
working OT happy and working OT mad).

Touche! How about pure passion for what you do and the
quality of it? As a technical writer every project should be considered a
feather in your experience cap. I never think of it as giving to my
employer, but rather broadening my experience.

Debbie Heit
Documentation & CBT Manager
Elliptus Technologies
(804) 267-2203