RE: ethical consulting practices?

Subject: RE: ethical consulting practices?
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Lisamarie Babik <lmbabik -at- winspc -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 13:58:26 -0800 (PST)

> I asked them to send out my resume in my format in
> the future. I formatted it
> in such a way that they could fax it with their
> identifying information (and my
> personal address stripped off).
>
> It was a compromise they were willing to make.

When it comes to my resume, I don't compromise. An
agency is allowed to chop of my masthead (name,
address, phone), but they do not, in any way, shape or
form, touch the body of the resume. They must
photocopy the resume onto their masthead. I've stated
this with every agency (and I'm on my 6th or 7th
contract) I've worked with and it has never been a
deal breaker.

I do this so I can walk into an interview and know
that we're both reading from the same "sheet of music"

=====
John Posada, Merck Research Laboratories
Sr Technical Writer, WinHelp and html
(work) john_posada -at- merck -dot- com - 732-594-0873
(pers) jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com - 732-291-7811
"When in trouble, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout."