RE: ethical consulting practices?

Subject: RE: ethical consulting practices?
From: Marilynne Smith <marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com>
To: Scottie Lover <iluvscotties -at- mindspring -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 11:33:15 -0800

Just ask. I once was able to see resumes coming in from my agency - after they
placed me at the company. They were faxed using a cheap fax and full of
errors. I had taken so much time to do my resume in a pleasing and
professional manner. They re-typed it so the agency could present itself in a
consistent manner.

I asked my recruiter if she had ever looked at one from the client's point of
view. She admitted they had a "girl" come in and type them up.

Marilynne

At 07:11 AM 12/6/99 , you wrote:
>At 09:47 AM 12/6/99 , Giordano, Connie wrote:
>>Now if I could only see the resume they send before they do it!
>
>I learned the hard way to take a copy of my resume to every interview.
>Although I write my own help modules whenever possible, I'm actually a
>developer. My resume lists languages at which I'm proficient and can use
>to develop top-quality multi-user systems -- but I can't tell you how many
>times I replied that, no, I couldn't develop in such-and-such, only to have
>the interviewer say, "But it is on your resume!"
>
>(I don't want to list something I can't do because I'm looking for a good
>fit, and don't want to run ragged making a fool fo myself.)

Marilynne Smith
Sr. Technical Writer
QUALCOMM
marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com