Re: Baseline Skillset for Technical Writers?

Subject: Re: Baseline Skillset for Technical Writers?
From: Marilynne Smith <marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com>
To: "Sharon Burton-Hardin" <sharonburton -at- earthlink -dot- net>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 15:11:49 -0800

I've been taking my home computer apart and putting it together again for years
(Increasingly difficult computers). What it's given me is a feeling of power.
I know that it's a piece of hardware with some clever software that makes it
smart. I know what to plug in where.

Outside of that, I'm not sure a person needs to know how to do this unless they
want to. Using it is the biggie.

Marilynne <who deleted some of this so Lyris doesn't get me>

At 01:16 PM 12/17/99 , Sharon Burton-Hardin wrote:
>The point to this is that if they are curious and technical enough to do
>this, there are about 10 things that fall out of it. The ability to take it
>apart and put it together is not sufficient but it is necessary, in my never
>humble opinion.
>
>sharon
>
>Sharon Burton-Hardin
>President of the Inland Empire chapter of the STC

Marilynne Smith
Sr. Technical Writer
QUALCOMM
marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com