Re: Advanced grammar-checking software?

Subject: Re: Advanced grammar-checking software?
From: Marc Santacroce <epubs -at- ricochet -dot- net>
To: Kimberly <JKWilson -at- concentric -dot- net>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 05:48:41 -0800

A colleague of mine, who doesn't speak English as his first language, asked
me if I could recommend a grammar-checking application that is more
comprehensive than Word's built-in grammar checker.

I've never heard of such a thing, so I thought I'd pose it to the List.

Anyone? Anyone?

Kimberly in Atlanta GA

At least for the Mac, there's "Grammarian 2" by Casady and Greene. They claim it "goes beyond conventional proofreaders." "...adapts to your personal writing style...", "...has advanced features that actively checks for proper noun/verb,article/noun, and verb/modifier agreements, as well as proper punctuation."

I've not used it myself.

Marc

-
Marc A. Santacroce

Senior Technical Writer/President
ePubs, Inc.

epubs -at- ricochet -dot- net

"Everything has a fifty percent probability; either it's going to happen, or it's not."