TOOLS: Screwy caption numbering in Word

Subject: TOOLS: Screwy caption numbering in Word
From: "McClare, Scott" <smcclare -at- neptec -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 11:35:35 -0500

Has anyone got a suggestion as to why the first figure caption in this Word
97 document I'm trying to edit is numbered 2 rather than 1, and figure
numbers increment by 2's?

The particular field code for the number is: { SEQ Figure \* ARABIC \s 1 }.
Since it isn't my document, I can't be *certain* how these captions were
created, but I assume it was done via Insert > Caption, in the usual manner.

As far as I can tell, this is the first such field in the document, and
subsequent Figure numbers increment like this: 2, 3, 5, 7. Table, section,
etc. numbers go up by ones in the usual fashion.

I'm under a bit of pressure to get this report released. Any ideas?

Take care,

Scott

--
Scott A. McClare - Technical Writer