Re: Writing samples, post-interview

Subject: Re: Writing samples, post-interview
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: SLM5V -at- cc -dot- usu -dot- edu, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 09:46:22 -0800 (PST)

Hi, all...back from Jamaica, and I'm ready...

> I was fortunate enough to have had a
> phone-interview with a large
> company today, and they have gotten in touch with me
> again, asking if I had any
> samples I could send them. I do, and I could. My
> question is, what is the
> ethical consideration I should take into account?

I don't leave or send samples, and it has nothing to
do with ethical issues.

1) I don't get them back
2) I cannot answer any questions while they are being
evaluated.

I have an extensive portfolio, leather zipper binder,
custom tabs, sheet sleeves, the whole 9 yards. I'll
bring it and show it. I just want to control where it
is. Has it eliminated me from any positins? No. Could
it? Maybe. Do I care? No....there are others.

> During the summer, much was
> made of leaving portfolios unattended during
> interviews, with possible
> shenanigans as repercussions. Should I send them
> some samples? Many responses

=====
John Posada, Merck Research Laboratories
Sr Technical Writer, WinHelp and html
(work) john_posada -at- merck -dot- com - 732-594-0873
(pers) jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com - 732-291-7811
"The art of creating software that is usable by individuals is a communication skill. It is not a programming skill."
--Bill Atkinson, creator of MacPaint and HyperCard