Interview and Database Software

Subject: Interview and Database Software
From: Henry Vandelinde <vandelinde -at- wordtek -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 13:13:05 -0500

I have an interview next week for a position requiring knowledge of the
following software:

1. ESRI GIS product suite

2. Oracle

3. SQLPlus

I know that all theses apply to managing database info, and the position
requires someone who can design and maintain reference manuals, on-line
help, and implement design changes to the db system.

They know that I have little direct experience with these systems, but I
would like to go in with an understanding of how these work, problems,
learning times, application, and anything else you may think of.

Please reply to me off-line and I'll post a summary.

All help will be greatly appreciated. I'm already shopping for a bigger
boat. :)

Henry

Henry Vandelinde, Ph.D.
vandelinde -at- wordtek -dot- com