Salaries for writers in NYC...

Subject: Salaries for writers in NYC...
From: Stacy Camacho <scamac01 -at- utopia -dot- poly -dot- edu>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 07:44:59 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all!

I'm new to tech writing and I'm looking to do some work in NYC but I have
few questions about salaries. What is the average starting salary for
someone just coming out of school with a tech writing degree and some
experience? Is there a difference in terms of salary and work
environment
when writing for a financial company, like a bank or securities form, as
opposed to writing for a software company? Many opportunities in the
city
are in financial firms and my specialization is in computer
documentation, so
I'd like to know how those two can relate on the job.

That's all for know! Thanks! Please reply off-list.

Stacy