Re: Re: Do alarams always sound?

Subject: Re: Re: Do alarams always sound?
From: infinity<infinity -at- yourhead -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 09:58:01

Sorry if this is a little late, and sorry if there have been other
replies. I'm on digest, so I can't tell what's been posted yet today.

This is in response to:

>From: Karen Field <kfield -at- STELLCOM -dot- com>

A listmember wrote: "You can configure an alarm to trigger when a metric
fails."

Webster's was a little vague on this point: Isn't "trigger" a transitive
verb?

Just wondering...

>Karen Field

And I respond with...

Yes, I looked it up in my American Heritage Dictionary and it said tr.
v., which I assume means transitive verb.
However, I then tried to find more information on "transitive verbs"
in three other books I have, and I could not find any information.

So, I'm not clear what the problem is with it being a transitive verb.

Anyone care to elaborate (and copy me directly)?

Christi