Re: do alarms

Subject: Re: do alarms
From: infinity<infinity -at- yourhead -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 08:58:57

Wow. That was my first post of a question. I've responded to a few, but
had never posted my own. I posted the question from home, left the house,
drove to work, and checked my mail again. I was amazed by the number
of responses in that short time.

Thanks to everyone! If you want a summary, let me know.
I think I'll probably go with something along the lines of...

"You can configure <our neato software> to trigger an alarm when a
metric fails."

My (main)reasons are
* Users do configure the software, not the alarm.
* Users supply their own alarm; they hook it up to our hardware.

There were a lot of good recommendations that might be better under
different circumstances.

Thanks again.

Christi Carew

Sage Instruments