Re: Giving Techwr-L members credit in print

Subject: Re: Giving Techwr-L members credit in print
From: Jim Grey <mobilene -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "Halter, Meg" <HalterMC -at- navair -dot- navy -dot- mil>, "TECHWR-L, a list for all technical communication issues" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 06:22:07 -0700 (PDT)

Meg,

My story might help:

A TECHWR-L post I once made was quoted in _Blue Pencil_, the Pittsburgh STC
chapter newsletter. The story's author e-mailed me beforehand to ask for
permission, which I granted in a reply. The author credited me (and others
whose posts she used) in the article. Then, I received a copy of that issue
in the mail.

I liked the way this was handled.

Peace,
jim

--- "Halter, Meg" <HalterMC -at- navair -dot- navy -dot- mil> wrote:
> Hello folks --
>
> I asked this question in a summary I posted a few days ago, but got only one
> reply. Thinking that perhaps people didn't notice it because it was buried,
> I'm reposting the question separately. Forgive the repetition.
>
> I plan to turn this summary of suggestions offered by members of Techwr-l
> into an article in the newsletter. In the article, should I name all the
> contributors? It seems the right thing to do, but I'm not too clear on
> privacy issues in print versus on this list server.
>
> -- Meg
===
jim grey / mobilene -at- yahoo -dot- com