Re: copyright wording

Subject: Re: copyright wording
From: Jim Cort <jcort -at- totaltel -dot- com>
To: "'techwrites'" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 14:30:43 -0400

I don't think copyright wording is usually copyrighted. I don't think the
people who secure a copyright are looking to protect the language in the
front of the book that says they're protected by a copyright.

This being so, with regard to lifting someone else's copyright text, I'd
say: Go for it. I bet that's what they did.

Jim Cort
Technical Writer
TotalTel
Jcort -at- total -dot- com <mailto:Jcort -at- total -dot- com>