RE: Giving Techwr-L members credit in print

Subject: RE: Giving Techwr-L members credit in print
From: William Swallow <WSWALLOW -at- commsoft -dot- net>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 07:53:09 -0400

-----Original Message-----
I plan to turn this summary of suggestions offered by members of Techwr-l
into an article in the newsletter. In the article, should I name all the
contributors? It seems the right thing to do, but I'm not too clear on
privacy issues in print versus on this list server.
--------------------

I'd say you are doing the right thing, first by honoring the contributors
and second by asking. I don't know what the topic was that you are referring
to, but if I were you I'd e-mail each contributor and ask whether they'd
like to be mentioned and how they'd like their name to appear (with title,
with e-mail address, with employer, etc.).

It's nice to see people honoring contributors from a listserv like this.
There have been past instances where people would poll the list or ask for
input and then not honor the contributors with a mention. To me, honoring
them in print is the least you could do. After all, they helped you out.

Bill Swallow
Technical Writer
Aptis Software Corporation
a subsidiary of Billing Concepts
phone: 518.433.7698
fax: 518.433.7680
<mailto:william -dot- swallow -at- aptissoftware -dot- com>
<http://www.aptissoftware.com>