Re: Part-Time Technical Writing

Subject: Re: Part-Time Technical Writing
From: Anna Keeler <akeeler -at- MAGMA -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 17:32:18 -0400

I have a contract for four days a week, and they are thinking about paring
that down to two days a week. I have also had nibbles from other companies
in the area that may want a day or two a week, but don't want to commit to a
full-time permanent technical writer.

I love having the extra time to pursue... well ... life! I know that Lori
is worried about the instability of contract work (and it's true that I
don't have kids to support), but the way I look at it is it wouldn't take me
too long to find a "real" job if I run out of contract work. As well, you
could always work a contract for several months, then take off a couple of
months to be with your kids.

Good luck!

Anna.