Re: *electronic* Portfolios and writing samples...

Subject: Re: *electronic* Portfolios and writing samples...
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 12:40:57 -0600

> And what's the big deal with telling an interviewer "I'm sorry, but I
> can't allow you to make copies. I'm committed to protecting the
> confidentiality of my former employer, as I would any former employer. I
> hope you understand."? Am I missing something here?

Exactly! You know, I don't think that anyone from my current
gig ever saw any of my samples (other than a commercial HTML
book, and there's no telling, realistically speaking, what
I did, how much of what I did that Deb fixed, and how much
of what I did the publisher fixed). Most of what I had was
proprietary/NDA, and that I respected that won big points
in interviews.

That said, had I been a poser, I'd undoubtedly have been
exposed through the phone interviews.

Eric

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=