Re: Estimating a Project - A real lulu

Subject: Re: Estimating a Project - A real lulu
From: temoore -at- BELLSOUTH -dot- NET
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 15:54:54 -0400

Just an FYI, the client wants the original file for their use. They have a
technical writer who does their work and this document will become part of
their
ongoing documentation process. They refuse to purchase FrameMaker or any
other
program--that's just the way it is.

Also, you asked about what do I mean by "Final to the printer". I provide a
postscript file to the printer, and this client has an ongoing relationship
with
a particular printer who will indeed take last minute jobs--and the client
does
this all the time so formatting differences won't be an issue. I'm sure the
printer charges a pretty penny.

Ah, the world of techwriting. Thanks so much for your response!

"Brierley, Sean" wrote:

> <<Hey . . . why not do it in FrameMaker, provide the client RTF output and
> PS file for the printer? If they are only going to use the printed output,
> why do they care on the format used for creation? You could even slap
> together a PDF for online distribution, for a nominal fee, of course.>>

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=