Re: Expanding Word 97 Mail Merge Doc to more than One Page

Subject: Re: Expanding Word 97 Mail Merge Doc to more than One Page
From: Bob Gembey <bob -at- SUPERNOVA -dot- NL>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 10:11:58 +0200

Matthew,

We ran into similar limitations. Our solution was to abandon Mail Merge,
and just make Word documents with unique, identifiable text markers. We
used Word as a COM server, and I wrote a client which extracted the
information from one Word document and placed it in another. It is
possible to use Visual Basic for Applications for this, but I used our own
tool, because IMO, it is easier. Like your company, we have a software
product which has bindings to other technologies.

<<However, the real solution seems to be to expand the mail merge document
beyond
what would fit on one sheet of paper.>>

Bob Gembey
SuperNova