Re: Crisis! Please Help! Breaking Graphic Links in Word 97.

Subject: Re: Crisis! Please Help! Breaking Graphic Links in Word 97.
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- WAVEFRONT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 11:21:14 -0500

At 12:12 PM 7/30/99 -0400, Chantel Brathwaite wrote:
>Hi!
>
>I'm in crisis mode -- please help! I have a document with lots of linked
>graphics (300+) (I am working in Word 97 and the graphics are gif, wmf
>and an occasional jpeg.) My
>customer has asked that I break the links and embed all of the graphics.
>(He has to send the file to his customer.) Is there an automated way to
>do this (a macro or something?) My customer would like this done ASAP.

First, save the document with a new name, so your original stays intact, if
you want to save the version with the links.

Then select the entire document, and click Ctrl-Shift-F9. That will unlink
(and therefore embed,if I'm remembering correctly) every field, including
graphics. If you have other field codes that need to stay field codes
(like index or ToC, you can't do it globally, but you can search for fields
by making sure they're visible (Alt-F9, which toggles view on and off) and
searching for "^d".

--
"UNIX is user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are."
Beth Friedman

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=