Re: Crisis! Please Help! Breaking Graphic Links in Word 97.

Subject: Re: Crisis! Please Help! Breaking Graphic Links in Word 97.
From: Elisabeth Zakes <ezakes -at- PLANVIEW -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 11:18:25 -0500

On Friday, July 30, 1999 11:12 AM, Chantel Brathwaite
[SMTP:cnbrath -at- APLEXUS -dot- JHUAPL -dot- EDU] wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm in crisis mode -- please help! I have a document with lots of linked
> graphics (300+) (I am working in Word 97 and the graphics are gif, wmf
> and an occasional jpeg.) My
> customer has asked that I break the links and embed all of the graphics.
> (He has to send the file to his customer.) Is there an automated way to
> do this (a macro or something?) My customer would like this done ASAP.

In Word, select Edit: Links. Select all the graphic links. Click Break Link.

If you want to be able to keep the links and still send the document
somewhere else, select the Save picture in document option, which will
retain the links and still allow others to view the graphics. When you
update a graphic, update the link, and send the new version.

Sincerely,
Elisabeth B. Zakes
PlanView, Inc., Austin, TX
ezakes -at- planview -dot- com