FWD: Teaching programmers to write

Subject: FWD: Teaching programmers to write
From: Anonymous Poster <anonfwd -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 06:02:44 -0600

Hi fellow techwriters,
relationship between programmers and writers has been discussed a lot on
this list in the last years. And I don't want to start this thread again.
And I am in a different situation.
I will have an interview for a new position at the end of the week. The
company searching a technical writer has no writers yet. All the
documentation is written by the programmers. They want to hire a tech writer
to teach the programmers how to write manuals for their inhouse users (the
company is a bank).
I have worked as a technical writer for a few years but I have never been in
the situation of a teacher. I want to present a basic draft in the
interview, but I don't know where to start.
So could you please give me some information how I should start. (I looked
at the ATTW website, but there was not much information for non-members.)
Any input where and how to start (like web addresses or stories how you did
it) is welcome.

Anon

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=