FWD: Project planning and online help

Subject: FWD: Project planning and online help
From: Anonymous Poster <anonfwd -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 18:47:18 -0600

Dear Techwhirlers

I am in the happy position of being asked at the project planning stage
where/when I would like to become involved. I am the sole TW and the only user
documentation is online help.

It is a very large piece of java-based OO software. To give you an idea of scale
I've been working on the online help for another one, half the size, since it
was in late alpha for around 8-9 months; as it is coming out of beta and into
full release I'll put another 2-3 months work into it. Note: there was an
enormous learning curve for me that should not be as steep second time around.

My question is when do you think I should become involved and in what ways?

My current thoughts for areas of involvement, without any time-weighting are:

- Review/edit of requirements and design docs
- Front-end analysis of clients and users
- GUI/screen design and usability
- SME interviews
- Write/review/edit online help doco
- Technical Production

Your thoughts and experiences with this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=