Re: Mac or PC?

Subject: Re: Mac or PC?
From: "Jeanne A. E. DeVoto" <jaed -at- JAEDWORKS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 22:01:49 -0700

At 12:27 PM -0700 7/14/99, Stephanie Jagielski wrote:
>I am new to the list and have a new interest in technical writing. I am in
>need of a new computer and can, luckily, feel at home on both Macintosh and
>PC computers. Could some one tell me which is preferred in the technical
>writing field? Or does it even matter?

It matters sometimes, but which is preferred depends on the work
environment, what applications you need to run, what the engineers use,
etc., etc.

It's worth noting, though, that there are good Windows emulators that run
on the Mac, but no way I know of to emulate a Mac under Windows. A Mac will
also read Windows/DOS media out-of-the-box, but the last time I checked,
reading Mac-formatted media on Windows required third-party software. This
is something to consider if you're anticipating needing compatibility with
both these platforms.

--
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ jaed -at- jaedworks -dot- com
http://www.jaedworks.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=