Re: 'in queue' v. 'in the queue'

Subject: Re: 'in queue' v. 'in the queue'
From: slm5v <slm5v -at- CC -dot- USU -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 10:25:16 -0600

Morning!

I would consider using "queue" the same as using "line". The line of
callers waiting for callbacks would seem an abstract, a list on a
computer--you don't actually see the customers. Whereas if the customers were
lined up next to your desk, you would refer to "THE line" of customers, which
you can see.

Hope my two cents were helpful.

Graham Fredrickson

"Into each life some rain must fall--what I wouldn't give for an umbrella."
--me.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=