Re: The telecommuting myth

Subject: Re: The telecommuting myth
From: Mary Deaton <m_deaton -at- KWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 13:28:48 -0700

This has been a very interesting thread, and one with relevance for many,
many technical communicators these days. I would encourage any of you who
have contributed who like doing conference presentations to put together a
proposal for the Winwriters Online 2000 Conference about telecommuting. It
could cover issues of how to get your boss to let you, to how to telecommute
as a freelancer, to why NOT to telecommute. If it was done with some
research and put forward a couple points of view (pros and cons), I think
people would find it very interesting.

If you'd like more information on the conference, click the link below. If
you want information specifically on doing a proposal, go to the speakers
page on the web site below, and then contact me. I am program manager for
the stem on personnel and project management topics.

Mary Deaton
(206) 682-6113
* Microsoft MVP for HTML Help
* Program Associate, Winwriters 2000 Online Conference
http://www.winwriters.com/ohc.htm
* Speaker, Help Technology Conference,
http://www.winwriters.com/htc99.htm

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=