Re: The Internet and the rest of the world

Subject: Re: The Internet and the rest of the world
From: Richard Danca <rdanca -at- UIE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 16:59:31 -0500

Some good sources for demographic info about the web are:

http://www.statmarket.com

This site does near-real-time tracking of lots of stuff on the web.

And an old standby is the Georgia Tech GVU site, which asks people
to respond to questions:

http://www.gvu.gatech.edu/user_surveys

You might find info about Eastearn European web use at one of the
sites run by Esther Dyson, who publishes Release 1.0 and another
publication called, I believe, RelEast 1.0.

Ziff Davis has a thing called Infobeads that tracks stuff like this, but I
think you need to subscribe. I'd also check Forrester Research and
other computer-oriented research organizations.

Hope this helps.

==================
Richard A. Danca User Interface Engineering
mailto:richard -dot- danca -at- uie -dot- com 800 Turnpike St., Suite 101
978-975-4343 North Andover, MA 01845
978-975-5353 (fax) USA
http://www.uie.com
Our web-site usability course is coming to the San Francisco Bay Area
July 12-13, with Jared Spool's Brain Sparks on July 14.
Details at http://www.uie.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=