Re: Good slang/idiom dictionary?

Subject: Re: Good slang/idiom dictionary?
From: Richard Danca <rdanca -at- UIE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 17:15:09 -0500

Not so great, but fun to browse is the QPB Encyclopedia of Word
and Phrase Origins, by Robert Hendrickson -- originally published by
Facts on File.

The obnoxious Richard Lederer (who has a higher opinion of himself
than anyone I've ever seen!) has a whole series of books on odd
aspects of language. You'll probably want to take these out of the
library rather than buy them (but, of course, he might be just to your
taste!).

==================
Richard A. Danca User Interface Engineering
mailto:richard -dot- danca -at- uie -dot- com 800 Turnpike St., Suite 101
978-975-4343 North Andover, MA 01845
978-975-5353 (fax) USA
http://www.uie.com
Our web-site usability course is coming to the San Francisco Bay Area
July 12-13, with Jared Spool's Brain Sparks on July 14.
Details at http://www.uie.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=