Cost Analysis for FrameMaker

Subject: Cost Analysis for FrameMaker
From: Karen Neeb <KNeeb -at- WINNEBAGO -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 16:52:07 -0500

Kari,

Simon wrote:
I agree 101% with Fabien comments. Take the time to print some messages
found on
this list and give those to your super.

Karen replies,
Sorry, but I disagree. Some companies require documentation to support a
decision to change tools. Changing tools adds costs in addition to the cost
of the software: training, learning curves, changing processes. It's
reasonable for a manager to request justification for the change. I had to
perform a similar task to get our department to switch tools.

Under pressure of time and deadlines, I focused on processes and features
that would save time, and listed the advantages, disadvantages, and risks of
each tool. Make sure the analysis is balanced and fair-no need to blast the
tool they're currently using. People can get strangely attached to their
tools.

Karen

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=