registry

Subject: registry
From: Damien Braniff <Damien_Braniff -at- PAC -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 15:07:21 +0100

An unusual question but I hope somebody can help. We are currently using a
package which can check for entries in the registry and then act accordingly.
As we're producing a multi-language product we'd like to check the registry to
see what language the Op system is and then guide the user to the appropriate
setup page in the correct language. This seems to be the nicest option at the
moment but we need to find out exactly which entry in the registry relates to
the Op System. I did a search and found numerous refs to languages but they all
seemed to relate to the various apps installed. Does anyone know which entry it
is or how to find it??

Our current solution is to have a welcome screen with "Welcome to" "Bienbenue
a" etc and the PAC logo and text. There are then buttons with flags on which
set the user on the correct path. However the logo includes some text and the
powers that be would like that in the different languages too so the language
choice needs to be before the Welcome screen which seems the wrong way round -
hence the preference for the auto language check.

All suggestion welcome - if you see another possible solution that will also be
gratefully received.

Damien Braniff
Technical Author
PAC International