[no subject]

From: Aoidìn Scully <ascully -at- FLEXICOM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 12:27:14 +0100

Okay, as the person who's largely responsible for starting this
riduculous thread, I feel I must hold my hands up and explain...

Many people have pointed out that commas are indeed used in *some*
European countries in place of decimal points...but they are not used in
Ireland and Britain.
The original post declared; ""In Europe, commas are used instead of
periods to mark decimal points.", which would seem to encompass all of
Europe, including Ireland and Britain.
My main concern was that people may decide to use commas when
translating all material that is intended for Europe.

Basically, all I'm saying is 'Beware of generalisations. Check your
facts and don't rely on word of mouth'

Aoidin

BY the way, I think this has become seroiusly OT.
Aoidin Scully
Technical Writer, Flexicom Phone: +353-1-6030044
32 Lower Leeson Street, Fax: +353-1-6030001
Dublin 2, Ireland. Email:
ascully -at- flexicom -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=