Re: Making up for lack of a degree?

Subject: Re: Making up for lack of a degree?
From: Melonie Holliman <melonie -dot- holliman -at- TXEXMTA4 -dot- AMD -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 10:13:39 -0500

Howdy,

Theoretically, a degree should teach you a discipline, that is, a way of
thinking.
My history degree taught me how to research, read for clarity, and write for
specific audience. I still use those skills today. No, I don't remember most
of
the "facts" I learned in college, but I do remember the skills.

Melonie R. Holliman
Technical Writer
CPD Marketing
Advanced Micro Devices