Re: Making up for lack of a degree?

Subject: Re: Making up for lack of a degree?
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 08:55:35 -0500

> I began to
> ponder, OF WHAT VALUE IS A 10-YEAR-OLD DEGREE? No, I
> am not denigrating the degree, simply questioning its
> value in a rapidly changing world. Technological
> changes impact the way we work. English is a viable,
> dynamic language subject to change - new words are
> added, different definitions are applied to existing
> words, grammar is modified ...

I guess it depends on what you learned in your degree program. In mine,
we didn't learn grammar or memorize vocabulary lists. We learned things
like audience analysis, when to use words and when to use graphics,
basic design concepts, etc. -- things I'm still using today. One must
still keep up with new things, of course.

Tracy
Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Curriculum & Instructional Materials Center
Stillwater, Oklahoma http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=