Re: Catalog Publishing Systems

Subject: Re: Catalog Publishing Systems
From: Joe Miller <joemiller -at- CANBERRA -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 08:33:25 -0400

Mike Starr wrote:

> Hello, Arlen
>
> It might be worth investigating Ventura (yes, Ventura <grin<). Several
> years ago I was working on a catalog for a company and used what was
> then called Ventura Database Publisher to import the data. I see from
> recent promotional material that Ventura Database Publisher is now part
> of the standard Ventura Publisher package available from Corel. If you
> can build a query to retrieve the data, Ventura should be able to work
> with that to make it a dynamic catalog.

Yes, DB Publisher is part of the Ventura 8 package (as are WordPerfect 8,
PhotoPaint 8, Capture, SGML utilities. and lots of fonts, pix, clipart,
etc)

I don't use DB publisher myself, but those who do offer help in the
Publishing Forum on Univeral Thread < www.universalthread.com > (the basic
UT membership is free) and on Corel's Ventura Newsgroup at <
news://cnews.corel.ca/corelsupport/ventura8 >

Arlen, if you like, you (and anyone else who has queries on Ventura) can
contact me offline at:
joemiller -at- canberra -dot- com

Regards,
Joe