JOB POSTING: Newport Beach, CA, USA

Subject: JOB POSTING: Newport Beach, CA, USA
From: Pamela Wayne <pamela -at- ROUTERWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 15:21:21 -0700

iVasion, a RouterWare company
Location: Newport Beach (Orange County), California
Contact: Monika Malone, Human Resources
Contact e-mail: jobs -at- routerware -dot- com
(No phone calls, please)
Job Title: Intermediate to Senior Technical Writer
Position Type: Full-time, permanent
Salary: BOE

Job Description:
Seeking an experienced tech writer to join the team at RouterWare, a leading
supplier of networking products to the OEM, Internet Service Provider, and
corporate markets. Duties include working independently but in a coordinated
fashion to develop and write documentation for end-users and programmers,
including hardcopy and online user guides, online Help, and HTML-based
documentation. Ensure accurate, timely delivery of documentation products
for releases. Implement documentation styles and standards.
As prior documentation for the products may not exist, excellent
communication skills are essential for working closely with developers, QA,
tech support, and product managers. Must be able to install, explore, and
learn company software on your own. Must have a knack for taking technical
information and rendering it understandable to a wide range of users with
various technical backgrounds and reading levels. Keep up with emerging
trends in documentation and online delivery. Seek out creative solutions to
make our products easier to use.

Requirements:
o Bachelor's degree in English or related field.
o Experience in writing and editing end-user documentation, including
online Help, for software programs.
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
o Working knowledge of Windows NT, Windows 98, and Windows 95 operating
systems.
o Proficiency with Windows software, including Microsoft Word, RoboHELP or
other HAT, Microsoft Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, and graphics and screen
capturing software.
o Knowledge of internetworking technologies highly desirable.
o Knowledge of HTML and FrameMaker a plus.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate their writing and design skills by
presenting a portfolio of their original work and by taking a writing test.

RouterWare, Inc.
Established in 1991, RouterWare develops OEM source code, and is considered
the leading supplier of portable protocol OEM source code. iVasion, a
subdivision of RouterWare, develops standards-based products that provide
network access solutions.
It is our goal to be the leading supplier of networking products to both the
OEM and Windows communities, and we invite creative, highly-independent
pioneers to join us and become part of our success story. We provide a
pleasant and at the same time exciting work environment that is conducive to
creativity and teamwork. Our employees are equipped with the latest and
greatest technology toys and provided flextime, catered meals, a
comprehensive benefits package, and competitive wages. We believe that
average people work for big companies, while talented high-performers work
for start-up companies, like us! If that describes you, send your cover
letter, résumé of qualifications, and salary history to: jobs -at- routerware -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000