Re: UK/US English - What to do?

Subject: Re: UK/US English - What to do?
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Brierley -at- QUODATA -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 09:35:39 -0400

Hallo:

I've been through this, several times. On my last assignment, I wrote two
versions of two books, one set for the UK and one set for the US. The GUI
was customizsable, so spelling was also localiszed in the software
interface.

Anyway, Americans do stumble over British spelling. British spelling is
distracting. I wonder how much the British have to suffer American spelling
in software documentation . . .. Does MS, for example, produce UK versions
of its Windows or Office documentation?

For an American audience, I recommend you write the books using American
English spelling and only use the British spelling when you refer to
something in the GUI.

All the best,

Sean
sean -at- quodata,com