Re: STC Annual Conference - dinner anyone?

Subject: Re: STC Annual Conference - dinner anyone?
From: ROBERT SIDMAN <scribe -at- EZONLINE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 14:00:02 -0400

Jean wrote:

Is anyone organizing a TECHWR-L dinner this year at the STC Conference in
Cincinnati? I don't recall seeing an announcement on this list, but I could
have missed it.

Regards, Jean
Jean Hollis Weber

*** I'm wondering, too. Anyone for dinner? Maybe just Jean and me?
How 'bout Sunday night?

Betsy Maaks
reply to: bmaaks -at- tellabs -dot- com

Betsy et al:

Some tips holding a Techwhirler's dinner at STC Cincinnati:
you will need and 2 people to do the planning.

One person must be from the Cincinnati area. That person will find a
restaurant that come in cabs The restaurant must offer both meat and vegetarian
dishes, and booze, at a reasonable cost.

The other person needed will maintain the reservation less. You can send a
general announcement to all techwhirlers, explaining what you are trying to
do, and asking if they are interested in participating. If they are
interested, have them reply offline, repeat offline, otherwise Eric will have a
fit.

Then it is a question of making a dinner mailing list, keeping everyone
informed and establishing a deadline for committing to the dinner.

I helped arrange the dinner in Toronto. My one announcement gathered out 250
replies. About 65 Came. I could not have done without the help of a lovely
lady from Montreal who shall remain nameless (for her own protection) forever.

I wish I could attend S T C this year, maybe help you out, but I am in no
condition to travel that distance because of a stroke.
Bob
Robert R. Sidman e-mail: scribe -at- ezonline -dot- com
Senior Member: Society for Technical Communication / HTML Writers Guild /
Internet Developers Association
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried!

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=