Online help

Subject: Online help
From: Donna Williams <r3592z -at- EMAIL -dot- SPS -dot- MOT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 14:51:12 -0700

Can anyone out there explain, from beginning to end, how a help file
becomes functional help within a software application?

Let me expand on that.

My objective is to incorporate help into an inhouse application that is
written in C code. The application runs on an OpenVMS platform.

I have created the help project in ForeHelp.
I will be using the OpenVMS version of Hyperhelp to compile and view the
file.
Once I compile the help file, how does it get linked to the application.
I would also like the help to be context-sensitive. What is required
from the developers for this to happen? What kinds of questions do I
need to ask the developers?

If you have actually gone through this entire process successfully, I
would love to hear from you. Thusfar, I have only encountered writers
who have the mapping given to them and they simply plug the numbers in
as they create the help file. I need to know a little more than that.

Thanks,
Donna

begin:          vcard
fn:             Donna  Williams
n:              Williams;Donna
email;internet: r3592z -at- email -dot- sps -dot- mot -dot- com
title:          Technical Writer
note:           Each and every experience, be it positive or negative, is an opportunity!
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
version:        2.1
end:            vcard