Re: Questions for Headhunters/Recruiters

Subject: Re: Questions for Headhunters/Recruiters
From: David Demyan <dbdemyan -at- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 22:01:25 -0400

Keith Mahoney wrote:

> What I need to know is what kinds of questions would you ask a recruiter
> about a potential job?
> (Other than issues that deal with pay.) For example, I always ask if I will
> be working in a team.

Keith: I get lots of questions from folks considering contract jobs in
this area. Most of the questions have to do with the type of company
they'll be working for, the likelihood of flexibility in certain areas (such
as telecommuting or flex-time), cost of living issues and housing, and
proximity to certain attractions (such as how far from New York City
is it).

But you should also ask very specific questions about the terms of
contract employment, the hourly rate, any benefits, is there a 401K
plan, and such. You assumptions about what is being offered may
be quite different from what the recruiter has in mind. A good example
is the mistaken belief that you will be paid for vacation time. Most
contract assignments do not include paid vacation unless you
negotiate for it (and that usually translates into a lower hourly rate).

Hope this helps.

Dave.

David B. Demyan dbd -at- mendem -dot- com
Mendem Concord, Inc. http://www.mendem.com
Warren, New Jersey 888-753-8500

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=