CD structure

Subject: CD structure
From: Damien Braniff <Damien_Braniff -at- PAC -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 16:24:23 +0100

I'd like some opinions on the structure of a CD I'm currently working on.
Basically it's a software installation CD but with added bits (assorted
documentation). I've two basic initial ideas:

Welcome screen with options - Install; Additional Product Info; Contact Us;
Exit. Install jumps to an install screen with options to install software,
install Acrobat and view lit (associated with s/w) and exit. Additional
Product Info jumps to screen with install Acrobat (and other viewers) and
then selection of specs, demos etc.

Welcome screen with phrase "You will need to install the following software
to view this CD" (or similar) then links to screens to install s/w, view lit,
demos etc

My own leaning is towards the first option as when bought it's bought for the
software and associated lit. Everything else is essentially providing added
value. All opinions welcome.

Damien Braniff
Technical Author
PAC International