Re: CD structure

Subject: Re: CD structure
From: Scott McClare <smcclare -at- DY4 -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 10:38:43 -0500

<snip>

I like this idea better than the other, as it's more in line with other CD
interfaces I've seen and worked on, and it also doesn't have that
threatening before-you-go-any-farther-you-need-to-install-more-stuff tone of
the second option.

One change I might suggest is giving the documentation options more
prominence. Rather than putting the documentation in a third-level menu,
put it at the second level with a link off the main screen:

* Install software
* Read documentation
* Additional product info

and so on. You can include an option on the second-level menu to install
Acrobat if necessary - or, since "additional info" might also require it,
link both those menus to a common "install readers" menu that isn't visible
from the top.

That deviation from your original plan isn't one that will make or break the
project; I just like to see documentation displayed a little more
prominently (it gives the user less excuse to plead ignorance).

Take care,

Scott

--
Scott McClare - Technical Writer
DY 4 Systems Inc., Kanata, Ontario, Canada

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=