Re: What am I worth?

Subject: Re: What am I worth?
From: "Porrello, Leonard" <lcporrel -at- ESSVOTE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 08:41:00 -0600

And we should have more of it! Unions are arguably the only reason that workers today have decent wages and benefits, why big corporations respect the worker. Sure, unions are not good when they are unreasonable, when they choke off industry by demanding more pay and benifits than profits warrant. However, when a union works as it should, workers are insured their fair share of the fruits of their labors, and employers are guranteed high quality work. Without unions, most of us would still be working 12 hour days, six days a week at starvation wages.

Unionizing technical writing is arguably one of the best things we could do for ourselves, better even than certification. But how do we do it?

Leonard Porrello