Re: time to write question

Subject: Re: time to write question
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 09:11:04 -0600

> I'm having trouble believing this client is doing anything other than
> trying to weasel out of paying for part of the work. Only a complete
> idiot would expect you to produce a perfect draft the first time without
> his making any edits, and software developers are not complete idiots.

Yes, but... :-) Let me play devil's advocate. He probably didn't expect
you to produce a perfect first draft, but if he's new to this, perhaps
he didn't expect to have to pay for "your mistakes." I'm not saying he's
*right*, just that it could very well be an honest misunderstanding.

BTW, our contracts explicitly spell out the number of "rounds of
corrections" our writers are expected to complete for the price (but we
pay a lump sum per job instead of hourly). I would add some language to
your contract explaining what you will charge for and what you will not.

Tracy
Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Curriculum & Instructional Materials Center
Stillwater, Oklahoma http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=