Re: Appalled, eh?

Subject: Re: Appalled, eh?
From: "Meek, DavidX L" <davidx -dot- l -dot- meek -at- INTEL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 14:22:24 -0800

I guess I just don't get it, but I've always thought that being a
professional means being able to fulfill reasonable job requirements to a
high degree of quality. If a job applicant can't follow basic directions,
what does that say for that person's ability to complete an assignment in a
professional and timely manner?

This isn't mean; it's professionalism. It's meeting standards. Hopefully,
the individual sets personal standards that are higher than what the company
requires.

Frankly, I'd be cautious about working for a company that *didn't* enforce
professional standards for behaviour and quality.

Mr. Plato has the right idea. Maybe it's a sign of the times that
professionalism has become so lightly regarded. And that's not appalling;
it's scary.

-Dave
(Any statements made above are mine, and mine alone.)

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=