Re: entry level pay

Subject: Re: entry level pay
From: Darren Barefoot <dbarefoot -at- MPS-CANADA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 13:28:24 -0800

Well, this is all rather subjective, but my inclination is to say that
you're probably entry-level in your first year or so. Additionally,
entry-level seems to infer youth, or general job inexperience. I mean, is an
admin assistant with ten years of experience and some programming knowledge
still entry-level?

I'd prefer to refer to them as junior, along with anybody else who had maybe
1 - 3 years experience. The job postings I see tend to indicate that a
senior tech writer has had at least 5 years of experience. Thoughts? DB.