Re: "Non-editable" Fields & Misc.

Subject: Re: "Non-editable" Fields & Misc.
From: "Porrello, Leonard" <lcporrel -at- ESSVOTE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 13:58:00 -0600

I don't think that you'd want to say screen since screen refers to the part of the CRT which we view and which we can touch.

You can say window when speaking of what appears when you fire-up an application.

If you are speaking of a box that appears within an application, it is traditionally referred to as a dialog box.

Leonard Porrello