JOB POSTING

Subject: JOB POSTING
From: Sujatha Das <sdas -at- OPENTECH -dot- STPN -dot- SOFT -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 15:48:01 -0000

I am working for a software development firm in India and we are looking for Good Technical Writers for our ongoing projects. We would prefer local candidates. the profile is as follows:

Title: Technical Writer

REQUIREMENTS:
As a member of our Technical writing team, you will be responsible for:
A good grasp of technical concepts:
1. Good writing skills
2. Advanced knowledge of a major word processing package, ie styles, templates, fields
3. The ability to learn new technology quickly
4. The ability to analyze and organize information
5. An obsessive attention to detail.
Working closely with the Development and QA teams to research the content of the documents.
Preparing documentation including technical manuals, training materials, technical brochures/write-ups and also preparation of Presentation materials.
Designing and implementing online documentation.
Research, write, and edit online Help systems and hard copy manuals.
Take a project from beginning to end with minimal management.
Gather information by interviewing engineers, reading specifications, and testing software applications.
Convert existing RTF and HTML based online Help systems to hard copy manuals.
Update existing documentation including online Help systems and hard copy manuals.
Gather information by interviewing engineers, reading specifications, and testing software applications.

The candidates will have the ability to grasp technical material easily and can communicate clearly about technical concepts. Work cooperatively as a team member to help research, write, edit, update, and maintain documentation in multiple formats. Manage priorities and workflow to deliver accurate, complete documentation on schedule.

Qualifications:
Essential
Graduate/Post-Graduate in English Literature
A minimum of 1-2 years Technical Writing experience.
Strong technical skills, previous development experience is ideal.
Strong skills or knowledge of a MS Word, MS PowerPoint.
Experience in the development of a software product and a firm understanding of the development cycle.
Self-motivated and creative.

Desirable:

Diploma / Degree in Computers or Strong knowledge of Computers.
Experience developing online documentation; knowledge of RoboHelp FrameMaker, RoboHELP, RoboHTML is an asset.
Knowledge of information design principles.

Interested candidates may forward their resume by email to me.

Regards,

Sujatha Das

Process Manager,
Open Technologies,
431, Software Technology Park,
Ganga Shopping Complex,
Sector - 29, Noida - 201301
INDIA
Ph: 91-011-91-541731, 541732
Fax: 91-11-91-538724

"If you want to be happy, set yourself a goal that demands your thoughts,
liberates your energy and inspires your hopes"...................Dale Carnegie

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000